Senior Network Engineer
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer to join a leading retail solutions organisationbased in Northampton!
This role offers a hybrid working environment with 2 days per week required at their offices in Northampton.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of internal and clients networks
- Maximise network performance by monitoring and troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with fellow colleagueson network optimisation
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with industry best practice
- Ensure all switches and firewalls are configured according to industry standards
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations as required
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks, capacity, and scalability
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including, but not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls andproxy servers
- Enhance and maintain the security of all data networks within RA and advise on all clients network security status
- 4+ years experience in a 3rd/4th line support networking role
- Minimum of CCNA certified or equivalent
- Advanced understanding of Data Centre technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or COBIT frameworks
- Knowledge of networking security concepts
- Knowledge of network operating system (Fortinet, Cisco, HP
- In-depth understanding of protocols, such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF
- In-depth understanding of network diagnostic, monitoring andanalysis tools
- Knowledge of access control models
- Knowledge of architecture principals
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please apply with a copyof your CV today!
We review every application received and will getin touch if your skills and experience match what were looking for. If you dont hear back from us within 10 days please dont be too disappointed - we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies.
Cisco, ITIL, CNNA, microsoft dynamics, .net, business intelligence