??????We’re often hearing of a skills shortage within the IT industry however research shows that roles are still receiving high volumes of applicants. Hiring managers often have hundreds of CVs to review to find the most suitable candidates. To make sure yours gets the attention it deserves it needs to be clear, relevant and well-formatted. Follow these tips from our team of recruiters to make yours have the best chance of success:
- Reference the role you’re applying for within your CV. This might take a bit more time to put together, especially if you’re applying for multiple roles but you’ll end up with a better CV that highlights your specific experience. Your CV will stand out more, increasing your chance of catching the eye of the hiring manager.
- Keep it short and sweet. It’s easy to put together pages and pages of information on your skills and experience especially when you’re wanting to showcase what you’re capable of. Try to keep this to only 2-4 pages and only include the experience relevant to the role you’re applying for. Following this simple rule makes your CV much more readable and more likely to be properly considered by the hiring manager.
- Use bullet points. Using bullet points helps you to keep the information clear and concise. This can be especially useful when detailing your previous roles and experience. You could use bullet points to detail specific tasks you were responsible for or different technologies you’ve used.
- Use Tech Stacks to show what technologies you’ve used. This could be for each role or for your experience in general.. Whichever way you choose to share this information, it’ll give a good insight into your experience in an industry-recognised format.
- Keep the font professional. It’s tempting to use the design of your CV to make it stand out, but using jazzy fonts and layouts can often just slow the reader down. If the hiring manager is reviewing a lot of CVs, they’ll appreciate a clear layout using standardised formatting and fonts.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Digest – December
The December instalment of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Digest is here! In addition to i ...Read More
Dashboard in a day… and beyond
Well, what a day! On behalf of both Recann and DataMovements, we’d just like to say thanks again for ...Read More
Recent Case Studies
We’ve recently published a recent case study which showcases some great work from two of our team, A ...Read More